Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Moding Ship stats in Rebelion?

By on June 17, 2012 11:09:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

JhonFlash

Join Date 09/2007

In the original SOASE and Entrenchment you could change the stats on ships. I used steam to down load Rebellion now I'm not sure if it's possible to mod the HP, weapons, shields or coast. Does anyone know if this can be done.

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 17, 2012 12:13:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes, same process.

June 17, 2012 1:47:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@Ryat: Thank you

I'm having trouble finding the files. I looked in SD games but all I see is Entrenchment and the regular game and the Rebellion folders don't seem to have the ship info. Does any one have any ideas on where I should be looking or what I should look for?

I know the answers probably going to be simple but I'm stumped.

June 17, 2012 1:56:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Aren't they located in the steam folder? That't where rebellion gets installed with steam:

c:/progam files/steam/steamapps/common/sinsofasolarempirerebellion folder

June 17, 2012 1:57:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Check Harpo's thread for text-converted files. Files you want to change should be copied to a mod folder:

\Documents\My Games\Ironclad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion\Mods-Rebellion vX.XX\[mod_name]

Remember to create and place them in the correct subfolder (typically \GameInfo). Then activate them from within the game's options menu.

June 17, 2012 3:04:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

In your options\mods there is a button that says "show mod path" Click it, and it will show you where to install mods for Rebellion. It will also create the mods folder itself if it doesnt exist yet.

You will need to convert the Rebellion GameInfo files to text format using Harpo's textbinner tool. There are reference files available for Rebellion, but they are from version 1.01. The current version of Rebellion is 1.02, and will soon be patched to 1.03. So some of those reference files may be obsolete. He may post updated reference files later when rebellion gets patched.

June 30, 2012 7:30:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yep. Like I said easy.

Thanks for the help.

June 30, 2012 7:39:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

stress, there are ref files for rebellion 1.01,1.02 & 1.03 in my ref files thread

harpo

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time: