Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2016 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2016 Stardock Entertainment

Sins of a Solar Empire v1.82 Change Log

By on May 20, 2014 12:50:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yarlen

Join Date 01/2005
+228

Ironclad Games and Stardock Entertainment are pleased to announce the release of the v1.82 version for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. This update is largely designed to address balance issues with the Stellar Phenomena DLC, but also contains several other fixes. 

Change Log:

[ Stellar Phenomena DLC ]

• Halved asteroidCounts on Graveyard and DenseDebris templates in AsteroidDef to improve performance.
  • Updated GalaxyScenarioDef uncolonizable gravity wells w/resources to be guarded by Pirates, not neutral factions.
  • Removed defenders from Antimatter Fountain.
  • Changed ShatteredMoon defender template from LocalMilitiaWeak to LocalMilitiaWeakUncolonizable.
  • Updated Allegiance progression in Gameplay.Constants on the later stages to drop by .05 on levels 7-8. This should help prevent very distant planets from instantly going neutral from Open Rebellion.
  • Added potential for 0-2 (from 0) neutral crystal extractors at Comets.
  • Increased minimum neutral crystal extractor count to 2 (from 1) at Ice Fields.
  • Increased minimum neutral metal/crystal extractor count to 1 (from 0) at Radiation Storms.
  • Increased minimum neutral metal extractor count to 1 (from 0) at Shattered Moon.
  • Increased random event allegiance check from 240 to 600 seconds. This should help prevent distant colonies from succumbing to Open Rebellion before the player can do anything about it.
  • Reduced minimum allegiance threshold for random events from 30% to 15%.
  • Increased max respawn count on Magnetic Storm from 4 to 9.
  • Increased max respawn count on Plasma Storm from 4 to 9.
  • Reduced trigger weight on Partisans event from 25% to 10%.
  • Reduced trigger weight on Open Rebellion event from 10% to 5%.
  • Reduced fleet point range on Open Rebellion event from 150/350 to 100/250.
  • Increased volume on random event warning sound by 3db.
  • Dramatically shortened Pulsar particle so that it doesn't touch other gravity wells and made the tails less sharp.
  • Removed Fighters from target list on Gas Giant's pre-explode buff since they can never lose it; will still take damage from nearby explosions.
  • Added new Commodity Boom random event: one random planet (including neutrals) may now undergo a resource boom where extractor and refinery rates are increased by 30% for 5 minutes. Should never appear on: Dead Asteroids, Pirate Bases, Antimatter Fountains, Magnetic Clouds or Wormholes. (Thanks to Goafan for the suggestion!)

[ Forbidden Worlds DLC ]

• Removed 'Ferrus' from PlanetRandomUncolonizable in GalaxyScenarioDefs.
  • Removed 'FerrusFair' from PlanetRandomUncolonizableFair in GalaxyScenarioDefs.
  • Added new planet bonuses to GalaxyScenarioDefs (thanks Goafan!).
  • Changed Rusted Core planet bonus to no longer require points in exploration.

[ AI ]

• Revised AI bonus income rates to try and scale less drastically past Normal. 

[ Misc. ]

• Updated SDActivate.exe so folks shouldn't need to open up IE if it fails on new installs.
Locked Post 48 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 20, 2014 1:02:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Note - If you were running the 1.82 beta, you will need to revert your ICOServerPort back to 6500 (or delete your prefs.ini file and let the game regenerate it for you).

May 20, 2014 1:23:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Giving us more customized control over the AI via gameplay.constants file is far better vs. doing blanket changes that spoil the game for veteran users.

May 20, 2014 3:02:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting XATHOS,

Giving us more customized control over the AI via gameplay.constants file is far better vs. doing blanket changes that spoil the game for veteran users.

Quite right, and that point would totally be applicable here if in fact the game had been spoiled (Spoiler: it hasn't been) 

May 20, 2014 5:59:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So, did the code fixes get dropped or are they still a work in progress?  (Still waiting on that "Disable AI surrender" option...)

May 20, 2014 6:09:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So stardock has time to implement new random events that no one cares about, but not enough time to do a 30 second fix to the feed button? LMAO!

May 20, 2014 6:15:19 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yarlen, can you clarify exactly what was done with the various AI difficulties?

Quoting Landgrab,
So stardock has time to implement new random events that no one cares about, but not enough time to do a 30 second fix to the feed button? LMAO!

Don't be disingenuous; adding random events can be done by anyone, while changing the feed button means doing engine changes, which is more than "a 30 second fix".

May 20, 2014 10:29:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Out of curiosity, what is referenced by "the feed button"?  Sorry, don't know things by many of the same names as the rest of you.

Regardless, though, if the "fix" referenced here was what I understand from the previous thread as merely changing the values when clicked... that is a simple fix, regardless if it's in the engine or not.

May 20, 2014 10:56:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks Yarlen!

May 21, 2014 1:47:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi yarlen could u give us the exact number of the AI's income rates nerfs? how less drastic from before?

May 21, 2014 9:53:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hard is back to 1.80 levels and Unfair is the same as 1.82 (so less than 1.80 IIRC). I can't look up the exact numbers at the moment to give you (new PC doesn't have the stuff installed).

And no, there are no code changes included. We need to wait for Ironclad for those for when they find time. I just didn't feel like it was worthwhile to keep the game in beta forever.

May 21, 2014 10:48:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yarlen,

Regardless of any other considerations, etc... thank you for getting this released.

May 22, 2014 12:45:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting davidabc66,

Quite right, and that point would totally be applicable here if in fact the game had been spoiled (Spoiler: it hasn't been) 

Explain yourself.

May 22, 2014 10:50:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting furyofthestars,

Yarlen,

Regardless of any other considerations, etc... thank you for getting this released.

No problem.

May 22, 2014 11:33:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I too am interested in AI changes since I do not use multiplayer, but this... does not mean anything to me. Unfair is the same as 1.82 levels? I thought this was the 1.82 changelog... so why is language used suggesting that 1.82 was a previous version? Help a noob out here.

May 22, 2014 12:15:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

WJC, he's referring back to while it was in BETA.

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/450865/page/1/#3467421

June 1, 2014 3:57:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

For anyone still confused by this, the 1.82 BETA had version/build number 1.82.4976, while the 1.82 release has build version 1.82.5006.

By the way, a short list of bugs that still exist in this version (and I care about) are the Corvsev boarding/capture bug (http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/453667/page/1/#3460490) and the Advent corvette side/rear guns bug (http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/427902/page/1). The former can be fixed by modding (though not without changing the design of ability), the latter cannot...

June 3, 2014 11:37:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Somehow I never spotted this before. I've added it to the list.

June 3, 2014 12:18:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Do Pirate Pillager ships have the plunder ability that steals credits? While loading the game a tip says this, but I'm quite sure the Cutthroat has this ability. Or am I wrong?

Oh, and the Pirate Repair platform is not working, never heals anything. I understand this is not a huge problem, but it's strange to see idle defense structures during a major siege.

June 3, 2014 5:28:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Alright, I'd doing it...I'm making another push to fix the several small petty graphics issues that are soooo easy to fix....

1. Picture icons for TEC labs are switched
  2. HUD icons for Ankylon's group shield and furious defenses are switched

I'll just leave it at those 2 for now before I start ranting about planet bonus icons...

June 4, 2014 4:16:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

Alright, I'd doing it...I'm making another push to fix the several small petty graphics issues that are soooo easy to fix....

Picture icons for TEC labs are switched
HUD icons for Ankylon's group shield and furious defenses are switched

I'll just leave it at those 2 for now before I start ranting about planet bonus icons...

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/419870/page/1/#3469348     

June 4, 2014 4:46:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Seleuceia,

Picture icons for TEC labs are switched
HUD icons for Ankylon's group shield and furious defenses are switched

Lol keep dreaming bud

June 5, 2014 5:29:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Not trying to be a pest, but will the code fixes that were supposed to be part of this patch be part of the next big release, or will they be released in the meantime?  Just asking because I've all but given up playing until I have the option to disable that darned AI surrender (I hate it when the computer takes it's ball and goes home before anything meaningful happens in-game because it thinks it can't win if I expand too fast.  You have to do well but not too well to have a long game as it stands.)

June 5, 2014 5:51:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting dave-in-exile,

Not trying to be a pest, but will the code fixes that were supposed to be part of this patch be part of the next big release, or will they be released in the meantime?  Just asking because I've all but given up playing until I have the option to disable that darned AI surrender (I hate it when the computer takes it's ball and goes home before anything meaningful happens in-game because it thinks it can't win if I expand too fast.  You have to do well but not too well to have a long game as it stands.)

Blair from Ironclad games claimed he would fix that one. I'm not sure if Yarlen who is from Stardock has any control over that.

June 6, 2014 5:41:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I know, I'm just trying to stay in the loop.  (For the record, Yarlen's one of the best CM's I've seen in action.)  I'm sure the folks at Ironclad are busy with their new MOBA, I'm just hoping for some news, even if it's "we're up to our ears in work for Sins of a Dark Age right now, but we're keeping it in mind". 

On the plus side news-wise, not only is Steam having a Stardock sale, Freespace 2 gets a Steam release today.  If Sins gets you the fleet action, FS2 puts you right in the cockpit of the fighter...and you're about as powerful as a Sins fighter.  No super-ace Plot Armor and Guns for you, fly right or get a beam cannon to the canopy!

Ooh, that'd be an interesting mod...Sins Freespace.  Terran, Vasudan, and Shivan ships from fighters (Perseus, Tauret, Mara) to Titans (Colossus, Sathanas...Vasudans would have to find their own after the Terrans hijack the "joint project" Colossus.)  You even have the sides mostly looking the same as the factions in Sins.  Terrans are utilitarian like TEC, Vasudan have sleek stuff like Advent (you'd have to make them brown instead of silver), and you'd just have to add spines and red highlights to make the Vasari ships Shivan-esque.

June 8, 2014 8:33:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi Yarlen

If there happens to be another big-ish expansion/update I have some ideas. 

Warning: This may take a few minutes to read But I hope you do, whether you take it on board or not.

My idea is to allow players who cannot be, or simply don't want to be diplomatic, access to the benefits of the pacts.

There are upgrades, and a ship specifically for diplomacy. I mean specifically the envoy cruisers. There is an entire upgrade tree for this. And yet, what if you don’t want to have allies? What if you can’t have allies because you are playing with real people and none of them want to ally with you? What if your play style is that of the Vasari loyalists where you simply consume everything and move on?

It takes some time to research all the diplomacy upgrades, send out envoys and complete enough missions to make the most of the pacts you can have with another player/race. I think this is brilliant and well done. However… Like I said, what If you don’t have allies, perhaps because allied victory is off… You are completely bypassing the diplomacy expansion if you turn this option off. Yes, you can have allies for a time, but if you make pacts you will never want to be enemies, because you lose too many advantages…

What if there was another way?

What if you could reap the benefits of a diplomatic relationship without being diplomatic?

I propose that you introduce a system where removing a player/npc from the game, allows you to unlock a single pact for yourself. That way, when you are playing a game WITHOUT allied victory (or simply if lone wolf is your play style) you can still grow your empire with these upgrades.

Perhaps at the start of the game you could set your status to friendly or aggressive (an option almost like ‘teams allowed’). If you choose friendly, you get all the normal diplomacy stuff, however if you pick aggressive you CAN NOT ally and can only reap the benefits of the pacts by eliminating races. So, when you destroy an enemy’s home planet, you get to choose one of their pacts (for example, if you defeat a TEC player/npc you get to choose a TEC pact to keep permanently).

Another, simpler idea would be that if you are not allied with anyone and a player is removed from the game, whether you were responsible or not you get to ‘scavenge’ their ships/structures/research centers, allowing you the advantages of one of their pacts.

My apologies if this seems to be a long/irrelevant post but I wasn't sure how else to send you guys my idea, and if it's not possible or not wanted so be it.

Yours sincerely, a long time Sins fan.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0003328   Page Render Time: