For those of you who have been following, which are probably not many, I have started development of a editor for files contained in the Gameinfo directory. I have now decided to name it Sins Editor (Not Entity Forge, which is what I believe some people were expecting).
I want to get a version out somewhat fast in order to get feedback on it, thus I will be releasing a v1.0 within 2 weeks that will NOT be feature complete.
These are the features I am planning on programming into Sins Editor, over time
- Support for any Parent -> Child node structured file in the Gameinfo folder.
- Support for opening multiple files and editing them whether or not they are in binary or text format. Binary format files will be automatically converted to text format when they are read by the program.
- Support for saving multiple files in either binary or text format.
- Support for creating new files with automatic templates for the file type.
- Support for basic editing functions like Copy, Cut, Paste, Delete, Add, Search, and Replace/Replace All.
- Support for automatic selection of predefined constants, such as abilities, buffs, and events.
The features in bold are the ones that will be available for the first release. After I receive some feedback, I will make appropriate fixes to the program based on the feedback as well as begin adding in the features that are not in bold.
Thank you all for reading,
comments are welcome.