Here are a few observations on the beta:
1. Battle distance from grav well can get VERY large. I jumped into a grav well and the Klingons were fighting rebels 4 grav wells distance away. I thought my own units were bugged because they were flying so far out and i couldn't see the klingons except for the last zoom level that still lets you see the ships.
2. Klingon movement on the Vorgath (sp) is strange when you have a fleet of constitutions fighting it. It will start heading out of the gravity trying to turn i think and wind up going straight. The battle finishes way outside of the well. (This only happens when you don't have a Fed Capital in the well)
3. 2 Vorgath vs. 10 Constitutions = Very slow battle. The Vorgath kill 1 constitution fast and then it drags on and on. This might be related to the movement issues (#2) I watched for a while just to confirm that they were doing damage. It's strange because frigate battles resolve much quicker in terms of frigates dying on either side. Just to clarify it takes a long time for the 2 Vorgaths to kill 1 frigate AFTER the 1st one. (This only happens when you don't have a Fed Capital in the well)
4. Miranda animation is missing when you create it. It just appears instead of doing the flight around and into fleet. When you first start the game the units stack on top of each other so it looks like there is only 1 Miranda there. The stacking doesn't happen when you create additional ship types in the grav well, but they still just appear out of the blue in their location with only the audio cue. [This actually affects Klingon scouts and light frigs also. You won't see all the ships until you have two different types completed before you select them to move]
5. Fed two free Miranda's (Fed Scout) do not appear during Quick Play. The Klingon scouts correctly show up.
6. Ships wobble a bit in space. This happens when they aren't moving sometimes (not a big deal)
7. Icons over ships are still not showing up on all enemy units in the grav well. They show up on some of them if you zoom in on them.
8. Federation Capital ships bombard at lower dmg/sec than a single Fed Siege (Constellation), which is still a little low.
9. Exelsior ship drifts backward when firing on stationary units. It then moves forward again. (not a big deal)
10. Federation AI on normal cannot seem to take a planet/asteroid in the time it takes to build a fleet of 30 constitutions and fly across a medium map. Klingons are okay, but they just don't build many units (or have any left when you jump in) This may be due to the strength of the rebels or something else.
11. Possible audio bug with selected units. Selected unit audio cue repeats after a set amount of time if you haven't selected anything else. It usually only plays when you select units or give an order. (not a big deal)
12. Pirates still need to be converted to the rebel units.