I had loaded Stars into Sins a long time back and it crashed often so I had never got a chance to really play it. I had re-loaded it just as they removed the 1.19 version from Impulse and again didn't get a chance to run it. When you put the new Diplomacy version up I installed it and have just been playing it the past day.
- I absolutely love the planet and star model textures--just perfect.
- The music sets an entirely different mental mood and really works with a "thinking game style".
- I have never liked most research changes as they are usually "tacked on" and don't integrate well with the game but the new abilities in Stars blend perfectly with strategy and development.
- The planet balance and colonization/development requirements make this epic. Sins is like speed chess, Stars is like chess.
- I haven't actually got to the dreadnaughts yet but perfect touch. This isn't a game you finish in a single night (which I love).
This is the first mod I played solo that really has the feel of a classic strategy war game (which I grew up playing). Awesome job. It's going to be hard to go back to other mods now.
I have asked the developers about making the opacity/color of phase lanes adjustable specifically for this mod.