It does certainly help performance issues. I'm curious how much optimized constructors will improve things further.
Well, for a 5v5 there are ~60-80 planet types, right? Say 2/3 of them are colonizeable, that gives ~30 planets with 1-4 constructors each. For all Vasari players (which it seems to be now....) that is 30-120 constructors at 2395 faces each for a total of 71,850 up to 287,400 Polys!!!
Now with the reduction the totals go down to 47,220 - 188,880 total Polys. This is a HUGE improvement... up to a 65% reduction in polycount for just constructors!
So yeah, everything needs to be looked at and optimized.... Which is what we are doing here.
For those that are curious then, here is my next optimizing order....
1. Constructors (almost Done)
2. Repair Bays
4. Trade Ports
5. Extractors (if needed, haven't checked them yet)
6. Starbases (if needed, haven't checked them yet)
7. LRM's (the most used ships in game)
8. ??? (suggestions or other observations)