Okay, so time to go to work:
What's left as far as this patch? let's drop the big new things, we're getting a big expansion.
- Fix colonize crash-bug
- Fix fleet supply for destra crusader and defense vessel
- Implement the communal labor change
- Theres been some talk of studder on very large maps after a very long time. I'm not sure if the optimizations were meant to go this far, but if so, it might be something to look at. There's also other recommended optimizations
- Pirates: the early jump to a higher level might be out of place. even on low level, seems a tad much. What's the consensus?
- Domina Subjugator- best ideas I've heard are: remove the need to face the target, remove the channel, improve turn rate and increase the targeting arc, and/or below
- Autocast AI- might be out of the scope of the patch, but better autocast would improve alot of things. The issue people are now having with auto-colonize tells me that this maybe is in the works.
- Bombers- in the interests of strategy diversity, a toning down of bombers has been suggested. Also along these lines, flak and fighters have been brought up as needing a nerf and a buff, respectively. What's everyone's thoughts?
- possible minor tweaks: illuminator(small dmg buff)/all long range (small nerf), adjudicator (survivability buff), subverter(maybe a target cap?), seeker(suvivability nerf), novalith(nerf from beta, buff overall), deliverence engine (buff), mines (buff)
That's all I can think of. If I missed something, go ahead and say something. If you have better links, those could be helpful too. Also, I'm sure many people have strong opinions on these matters. I tried to list everything as objectively as possible. I do not support every buff and/or nerf I listed, I am simply trying to bring the topics back up for discussion.
Things I personally view should not be looked at this patch (at least now that there will be Rebellion):
- Diplomatic stuff- other than a few basic balance changes, I think it's too much work for this patch. Let it be fixed in Rebellion and maybe back-ported as a patch (minus a few things exclusive to Rebellion)
- Better AI- Again, I think it's too much work this patch. And again, if they make better AI for Rebellion, maybe they can back-port it in a patch
- Fleet Turning- It's been said that by Yarlen this is working as intended. I'm not personally sure how that is, but it also seems like it might be too much to do even if we made the ultimate appeal right here and now (I have cookies...)
- Phase missiles- There are so many ramifications to messing with this. If there is a patch, it should be the sole point of the patch so that all consequences can be accounted for.
- TEC early game/late game rebalanace- Unless theres a simple fix (long range nerf has been suggested to fix early game) for both sides of the TEC game, this should probably wait.
- Fleets- I, for one, would like to use formations and such without the auto-join ruining my life.
- Empire tree stacks-some want a way to manually tell a group of ships to use their ability at the same time. ie drain AM. might have balance issues, but autocast randomly will do it anyhow.
- A way to attack a target ship type. IE, order my long range ships to focus fire on any and all light frigates, instead of queing 50 million targets. I recommend Alt-Right-Click. That's how most RTS games do it in my experience.