Ironclad Games and Stardock Entertainment are pleased to announce the v1.79 BETA update for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. This opt-in beta will allow users to check out the new changes to our shader system, in addition to balance changes and bug fixes ahead of the final release.
NOTE: The initial 1.79 beta may be save game compatible with 1.52, but future beta updates may NOT be! We plan to update this beta over time as additional fixes are implemented.
To opt-in: Select Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion from your Steam Library list -> Right-Click and select Properties. Click the 'BETAS' tab and from the dropdown select 'beta', then click Close. Steam will automatically update you to the latest beta code.
[ Graphics ]
- Updated ship and structure rendering (specifically the shadowed and non-shadowed shaders).
- Adjusted TEC and Vasari missile speeds/turn rate to be smoother (doesn't affect damage).
[ Gameplay ]
- Adjusted Anarchic Society planet bonus to no longer require exploration (Forbidden Worlds DLC).
- Pirate Cutthroat base damage decreased from 60 to 45; weapon cooldown increased from 5.0 to 5.5.
- Pirate Rogue base damage decreased from 40 to 35.
- AntiMedium to Medium damage increased from 1.33333 to 1.5.
- TEC Loyalists
- Increased damage on Disruption Matrix (Titan) from 40/50/60/70 to 70/70/70/70.
- TEC Rebels
- Increased Refined Emitters from 1 level of research to 2.
- Corvettes should now be affected by Ruthlessness ability (Destra Crusader).
- Psionic Scream (Discord Battleship) will now interrupt.
- Advent Rebels
- Adjusted Reanimation research subject slightly to give the intended bonus.
- Reworked Phasic Trap (Hangar Bays) in order to properly limit the number of affected strike craft.
- Phasic Trap (Hangar Bays) will now affect 18/27 individual strike craft, increased from 10/20; duration updated from 45/60 to 45/45.
- Disruptor Nanites (Phase Missile Turret) duration decreased from 600 to 60.
- Vasari Loyalists
- Reworked The Maw ultimate ability on the Loyalist titan to properly limit the number of destroyed enemy frigates as intended.
[ Misc ]
- String improvements for Starbase Mobilization description.
- Fix for the game thinking a user doesn't own the Forbidden Worlds DLC in multiplayer when they do.
NOTE: BETA players will not be able to play in multiplayer with non-beta players.