Ironclad Games and Stardock Entertainment are pleased to announce the availability of Sins of a Solar Empire version 1.84 on Steam and GOG. This latest update adds functionality for modders, fixes several bugs, improves online play and more.
Note: This update may invalidate your save games and recordings!
- Modders can now design ships with the ability to destroy planets. Added a new buffInstantActionType "RuinPlanet" to accomplish this. An example ability called "AbilityRuinPlanet.entity" demonstrates its usage.
- Fixed moveAreaRadius and hyperspaceExitRadius being defined in scenarios and the randomizer. e.g. Randomly generated planets will now take the appropriate values from their entity definition.
- Added backwards compatibility for any user made maps that were created using version 4 (the latest prior to this update). All standard maps have been updated to version 5.
- Fixed "Wail of the Sacrificed". "ApplyBuffToTargetsAtAdjacentOrbitBodies" now affects all adjacent bodies regardless of whether they have been explored or not.
- Fixed "Planet for a Planet". Fixed Research modifier "ApplyBuffToAllOwnedShipsWhenOwnedPlanetFalls" from affecting all players. It now only affects the player who owned the planet.
- UseCostType "ResourcesAndMustHaveCapitalCrew" now allows designer to specify the capitalShipSlots and regular shipSlots.
- Fixed bug where there was no music to play in the interim between frontend and entering a new match.
- Added a new BuffInstantActionType "GiveExperience"
- Modders can now specify up to 9 titans to build in the menu.
- PlanetBombingAbsorption now shows up in tooltips and displays in red if the values have a negative impact on the player.
- Advent Illusion frigates now refund for the correct amount (zero).
- Fixed ResearchCostAdjustment not always displaying the correct color in tooltips.
- Fixed crash when a capital ships dies and the player is using Polish.
- Optimization improvements for online play.
- Stability improvements to ICO.
- Removed Stardock Activation requirement.
- Added cross-platform play between GOG and Steam users.
- Added various GOG Galaxy integration features.
- Added a new "Invite Friends" button.
- Fixed a bug where under certain conditions the Ai would not build new ships until a Titan has been built
- Fixed bug where under certain conditions players couldn't join their friend's passworded game.