Sins of a Solar Empire : Real-Time Strategy. Unrivalled Scale.
© 2003-2014 Ironclad Games Corporation Vancouver, BC. All rights reserved.
© 2006-2014 Stardock Entertainment

Battlestar Galactica - Sins of the 13th Tribe v0.96 Released 2/13/10

A mod for Entrenchment v1.05

By on May 7, 2009 8:50:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

kyogre12

Join Date 07/2008
+100

This is the official thread for the Sins of the 13th Tribe mod.

Please note that it only works for Entrenchment v1.05

This is a total conversion mod, so the TEC, Advent, and Vasari are no longer playable

The Colonials and Cylons are now playable races

Download Sins of the 13th Tribe v0.96:

MegaUpload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ABORTM4L

Original Sins Version by Larkis:

MegaUpload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N0DA2GR0

*Note* I am not responsible for the OS version. Direct all comments, questions, concerns, etc, at Larkis.

Credits:

Coding by: kyogre12

Models by: Kreeargh, Coxxon, Unknown Warrior, Dnkids, Major A Pain, Koobalt, Larkis, and the members of Cloak & Dagger Studios.

Textures by: Kreeargh, Coxxon, Fallen Warrior, File'o'soft Koobalt, larkis, and others

Special Thanks to ManshOOter, Bailknight, Tenhunter, rjhughes, Danman, the Distant Stars Team, and the sins of Alethia Team. 

Distant Stars: Nacey, Skyling, Uzii, Gurkoz, Boshimi336, Solitaire, Titan, Nataku, -Ue_Carbon, Ryat, & Madeiner

Known Bugs:

• Some ships do not have names or are improperly named
  • Colonials still glow occasionally

If you have any ideas for abilities, or want to report a bug, please post here. I will try to keep you up to date on progress.

v0.96 Changes

• Entrenchment v1.05 compatability
  • Fixed String not found errors for the Galactica's colonize ability and the Worldstar's extra squadrons ability
  • Temporarily removed the custom static defense structures, so there will not be any more bug reports about the meshes reverting to the unmodded forms
  • The Cloud 9 is now correctly called the Cloud 9
  • New weapon sound effects for the Galactica+Mercury

Please, if you play this, report back here any balancing problems, particullarly in terms of research.

Additional Forums: http://danmangames.com/forums/index.php

Wallpapers: Click the thumbnail to view the full size (all are 1024x768)

More Wallpapers, thanks to Unikraken:

1488 Replies +10
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 7, 2009 9:16:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You linked the wrong file kyogre.  You linked it to something called modifiedvSiege.rar instead of BSG.rar.  Fortunately I was able to download it from your uploaded files page, however you might want to fix it so people don't think a 500 kbyte file is the mod.

May 7, 2009 9:46:09 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm in the process of uploading the current version. The one that you got is the older one.

May 7, 2009 10:05:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Kyogre12 i have a idea fro the colonials give all the caps ship the ablilaty to flank brust as i rember colonials ship have a excelent flank brust ablilaty to kill fithers

May 7, 2009 10:11:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oh.  No wonder it was so crappy.  I'll try the newer one and see how it turns out then.  I'll reserve my comments until I see the newest.  If you need me to re-arrange some of the ship coding on the stuff to make it more BSG-like I would be glad to help out.

However, there is one thing that bothers me.  The scale is all really small.  Hopefully you can resize it to make it much more BSG-like.  There is a resizing tool on these forums somewhere that resizes models.  If you can find it, you might be able to resize everything to make it bigger and more epic.  Epic is good.

May 7, 2009 10:32:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ok, the new link is up. Yeah, the old one was just a model swap, nothing else, but its still better than nothing. This one gives all of the ships (or most of them, I might have missed a couple) the correct BSG weapons, and some changes to ships health, armor, command points, etc.

But keep in mind that it is still a beta, and definetly isn't complete yet. I just wanted to get something out for people to play with. The ships will probably get bigger eventually, if Kreeargh agrees, although that isn't top priority at the moment. I want to get some abilities done, and most of the ships need new hardpoints first.

May 8, 2009 1:54:30 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yea, flak is a must on colonial ships, especially with massive fighter help going to the cylons (cylons get more birds, but humans have better ones)

also, cylons have some kind of energy weapons (Hand of God, watch when they are attacking the cylon base) as well as cannon (the single-barrel cannons) and flak/fast-attack mounted turret (the 4-barrelled turret) as we see in Daybreak Pt 2 when they jump into range of the base. However, they appear to be short-ranged weapons, and that was the first and only "knifefight" of the show. Maybe that should be taken into account on baseships, etc?

May 8, 2009 5:56:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

great thx u soooo much!!!!!!!

going to play it this evening!

May 8, 2009 8:46:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

did get a mini dump when i activeted it, any ide what i shall do

May 8, 2009 2:06:21 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

its a good idea to release atleast something for us to play with thanks!

loved it with only the models and i hope its even cooler now.

May 8, 2009 3:21:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Keep up the good work guys, after the Lackluster ending to Season 4 (IMO) theres very little additional Bsg stuff for the fans to get a hold of!

May 8, 2009 5:30:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ImperialMarines,
did get a mini dump when i activeted it, any ide what i shall do

What version of Sins are you using? It only works with Entrenchment v1.02. Do you have any other mods enabled? Other than that, I have no idea.

Most, if not all, of the Colonial caps will get flak, but I don't want to make it too powerful, otherwise the Cylon advantage is nullified.

I forgot about those cannons on the colony. Maybe I'll give their ships a short range cannon.

May 9, 2009 3:08:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just wanted to update you on progress. I plan on putting out an update either later today or tomorrow. Its going to have changed stats for all of the ships, as well as changed fleet supply. The main purpose of this release will be so that I can get some feedback on balancing. I want to know what you guys think is overpowered, or if the Cylons have too big of a number advantage, not enough of one, etc. Also, the Pegasus now has nukes!

May 10, 2009 5:26:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting kyogre12,
Just wanted to update you on progress. I plan on putting out an update either later today or tomorrow. Its going to have changed stats for all of the ships, as well as changed fleet supply. The main purpose of this release will be so that I can get some feedback on balancing. I want to know what you guys think is overpowered, or if the Cylons have too big of a number advantage, not enough of one, etc. Also, the Pegasus now has nukes!

- Cylon also has nukes... LOTS OF NUKES. They are very good at spam-sprewing nukes missiles due to its 220 turret launchers mounted throughout the arms and central axis that pivot to allow the basestar to fire in any direction. One basestar could kill all fleet with those (Blood on the Scales, Revelations, The Captain's Hand, and Miniseries (Fall of the Twelve Colonies)). Make it unique abilities for that basestar. Like attacking Fleet (Missile barrage) and Planet (Raze Planet).

- Command Navigation Program (CNP) - aka Cylon hacker/virus - Cylon use the CNP to damage and disable Colonial Fleet & capital ships as well.

- Cylon ships are quite fragile but it can heal itself, not slow, more than just steady.

- Cylon FTL drives are three times more effiicent than their Colonial counterparts. 

- Cylon basestar is not designed for close-range combat due to its fragile hull. Basestars rely heavily on their Raiders for close-range gun defense. Since a basestar does not appear to have point-defense batteries, or heavy armoring, it seems quite vulnerable to battlestars in close-range combat when fighter support is not prominent. They are long-range combat, so they can spam-sprewing missiles (& nukes) in the distance and send its fighters to do close-range combat.

- Its fighter, Raider also do spam-sprewing nukes and missiles as well. They also use CNP to disable all fighters as well.

May 10, 2009 7:15:03 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thank you guys soooo much for actually making this happen.

A few thoughts:Why not make raptors a cheap frigate and use them for scouting?  Raptors where always the scouts in the show so it would probably help the feel of the mod. 

Also there should be no shieds on any ship in the BSG universe, I dont think it will kill gameplay for those to go.

the colonial textures are too bright.

I agree with making all the ships larger.  I think in this universe I would rather see fewer ships that are large.

*Forgive me if I missed any other posts.

May 10, 2009 10:48:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Tollen Kell,

- Cylon also has nukes... LOTS OF NUKES. They are very good at spam-sprewing nukes missiles due to its 220 turret launchers mounted throughout the arms and central axis that pivot to allow the basestar to fire in any direction. One basestar could kill all fleet with those (Blood on the Scales, Revelations, The Captain's Hand, and Miniseries (Fall of the Twelve Colonies)). Make it unique abilities for that basestar. Like attacking Fleet (Missile barrage) and Planet (Raze Planet).

Cylons will get nukes, although for the sake of balance they won't be spamming them constantly.

- Command Navigation Program (CNP) - aka Cylon hacker/virus - Cylon use the CNP to damage and disable Colonial Fleet & capital ships as well.

They will be getting ship disabling abilities, as well.

- Cylon ships are quite fragile but it can heal itself, not slow, more than just steady.

- Cylon FTL drives are three times more effiicent than their Colonial counterparts. 

In the next version (probably today) they will have better hull regeneration and faster phase jumps.

- Its fighter, Raider also do spam-sprewing nukes and missiles as well. They also use CNP to disable all fighters as well.

As far as I know, Sins only allows one weapon on strikecraft, so raiders can't have missiles, guns, and nukes. And I think that having tons of raiders shooting nukes would be a little unbalanced.

A few thoughts:Why not make raptors a cheap frigate and use them for scouting? Raptors where always the scouts in the show so it would probably help the feel of the mod.

Also there should be no shieds on any ship in the BSG universe, I dont think it will kill gameplay for those to go.

the colonial textures are too bright.

I agree with making all the ships larger.  I think in this universe I would rather see fewer ships that are large.

I like the idea about the Raptors. Raptors will also probably be changed to be the Colonial bombers, as well.

Sheilds will go, eventually, but the shield meshes will have to stay. Sins apparently uses shields for collision detection, so removing sheilds entirely will cause some unwanted problems.

The problem with textures in general (Colonials + Cylons) are being worked on. They have some problems with the data map, which is why you have glowing white colonial ships and team-color-tinted cylon basestars, etc.

Ships, and probably planets, will get bigger eventually, but that probably won't be for a while.

May 10, 2009 11:21:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Actually fighters can have more than one weapon.  There was a Freespace mod for Sins that gave strikecraft multiple weapons and it works fine.

May 10, 2009 11:39:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Is there going to be one for normal sins?

May 10, 2009 12:02:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SpardaSon21,
Actually fighters can have more than one weapon.  There was a Freespace mod for Sins that gave strikecraft multiple weapons and it works fine.

Nevermind then. In that case raiders will have missiles, but not nukes.

Quoting Franz Bravo,
Is there going to be one for normal sins?

No, it will be Entrenchment only. I just don't have the time to make two different versions of it.

May 10, 2009 12:12:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Little Help Please Fellas. I am trying to get this mod running for my bf and it doesn't seem to be working. I downloaded file, extracted to mods-entrenchment v1.02 folder, enabled mod, disabled all other mods, applied changes, but its still showing and playing the regular entrenchment game, with the regular races not the colonials & Cylons. I have downloaded and played two other mods that work fine but can't get this one to take. Am I missing something? Any suggestions would be appreciated. THANKS! 

May 10, 2009 1:03:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I just uploaded the new version. Check the main post for the download and the changes.

Quoting DavidAllen,
Little Help Please Fellas. I am trying to get this mod running for my bf and it doesn't seem to be working. I downloaded file, extracted to mods-entrenchment v1.02 folder, enabled mod, disabled all other mods, applied changes, but its still showing and playing the regular entrenchment game, with the regular races not the colonials & Cylons. I have downloaded and played two other mods that work fine but can't get this one to take. Am I missing something? Any suggestions would be appreciated. THANKS! 

It sounds like you did everything right, so I have no idea why it isn't working. Maybe the new version will work for you?

May 10, 2009 1:24:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Any chance of adding BSG music to this mod?

May 10, 2009 1:34:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting SpardaSon21,
Any chance of adding BSG music to this mod?

Do you know of any places where I can get BSG music (preferably free) and what programs can convert them to .ogg? The only BSG music I can find is the theme from the original show, which is good, but doesn't really fit with the battles.

May 10, 2009 2:31:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You could probably pick up the soundtrack to BSG somewhere.  That would have all the tracks on it.  I wouldn't know, however you can ask the BSG: Fleet Commander team how they obtained the music tracks for their mod, as they use BSG music in their mod for HW2.  As to programs, you can use Audacity (which is free) to convert MP3's and such to .OGG for use in Sins.  Audacity is what CanadaMan uses, and I've used it before.  Its can also modify tracks which comes in handy if there are things you want to cut.

And I just played the mod, and I have a few balance suggestions.  Either nerf the Raiders somehow, or seriously buff Colonial anti-fighter capability.  The Cylons can spam Drone Hosts which each hold 3 squadrons of 20 Raiders, and when 60 Raiders come at you, you need some seriously good flak.  Cylon starbases also hold an ass-load of Raiders, and attacking them is near suicidal unless you have some serious firepower.  I would suggest buffing the range and damage of the Flak Burst so hopefully you can take out the Raiders before they fire at your expensive battlestars.  I would also nerf the Nuclear Missile ability by increasing its range and seriously increasing its AM cost and cooldown.  Or you could have it cost a lot of resources.  However, it definitely needs a large cooldown so it isn't spammed.  I would also seriously buff the armor and HP of the various battlestars, make them much more expensive, and let them target mutiple ships per bank.  You should do the same for the basestars as well.

May 10, 2009 3:02:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thank you for the feedback, SpardaSon. I am in the process of impementing your suggestions.

May 10, 2009 5:02:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@ David Allen

This happened to me, all you need to do is go into the extracted folder. You will find another folder inside called sins of the 13th tribe v2. Thats the folder that needs to be in your mod folder to work.

Hope that helps.

All involved in making this mod, i love you, its awesome. lol

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000703   Page Render Time: