Requiem is now updated to 1.34. As always check here for more info!
You can find a beta for the next version of Requiem Diplomacy here.
For all you Star Wars fans, I've finished off the latest version of a mod which adds the Alliance and Empire as new races. This is a playable versus the existing Tech/Advent/Vasari races, and balanced against them.
"Star Wars - Requiem" is a mod for Sins of a Solar Empire - Entrenchment and Diplomacy that brings the following:
- 2 new races; Alliance and Empire
- 6 new strike craft; TIE Fighters, TIE Bombers, TIE Interceptors, X-Wings, B-wings and A-wings.
- 11 new frigates; Nebulon B, Nebulon B2, Lancer Frigate, Tartan Patrol Craft, Carrack Gunship, Corellian Gunships, Corellian Corvettes, Assault Frigate Mk II, MC30b series, Acclamator I frigates, Gladiator Star Destroyer, Lambda Shuttle and Galofree Transports
- 9 new cruisers, Interdictor, Vindicator Cruiser, Escort Carrier, Loronar Strike cruiser, MC40a light carriers, Nebulon B escorts, Bulk cruisers, Assault Frigate Mk I and Dreadnaughts
- 10 new capital ships; Victory class Star Destroyer, Victory II-class Star Destroyer, Venator-class star destroyer, Imperial-class Star Destroyer, Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, Mon Calamari 80 and 80a, and Mon Calamari Defiance, Liberty and Bothan Assault Cruiser.
- 2 new starbase: the Alliance XQ1 platform and the Empire with an Executor Super Star Destroyer starbase model
- 4 new weapons; turbolasers, concussion missles, proton torpedos and ion cannons
- 60 new ship names with unique Alliance and Imperial star destroyer names
- A whole new soundtrack for the Star Wars factions.
- Dozens of new ship audio and sound effects
- Star Wars player portraits
- Alliance and Empire icon symbols
- New Alliance and Imperial research trees, with unique abilities (Interdiction, Tractor Beam, Shield Focus. Boarding Party, Base Defenders etc,)
- Star Wars EU immersion through appropriate ship use, laser color replacement for all ships and text descriptions updated
- And much more!
- This mod was created by JasonFJ, a Star Wars fan and avid gamer, who somehow managed to thrash out this mod despite holding down a full time job and one hell of a fine girlfriend. Appreciate my sacrifice!
- Goafan - The only other modder for Requiem, a great co-conspirator who has contributed a lot to the evolution and improvements of Requiem. Also the author of the "Requiem Plus" add-on.
- George Lucas - Full tribute belongs to George Lucas who as we all know was the originator of all thought and material that now comprises the Star Wars universe. George if you're ever in Singapore or Australia drop me an email I'd like to buy you dinner sometime. If you're a Lucasarts legal suit looking to sue me for copyright, consider how much free publicity I've given the company and franchise and consider sending me a $10,000 cheque for my time
- EvilJedi - for the significant graphics and audio effects that are the cornerstone of the mod without which I probably would never have done this mod.
- Gurkoz - for the incredible sound effects that make this mod even better
- ManShooter - for the Volumetric Explosions mod which was included in Requiem Entrenchment to v2.8... truly a god-like graphics enhancement!
- Tohklidan -for components of Celestial Bodies mod that really inspired me to work on the celestial bodies artwork.
- Uzii -for the planet textures and inspiration that came from the awesome Sins Plus mod.
- Bailknight and Moguta - for the original and continued development of this mod which I've adapted for use with Requiem Diplomacy.
- Credits to Grundel for the icon button graphics
- Thanks to Warmaster and all his info and guidance on making this mod as true to the Star Wars Universe as possible.
- Bleachorange - Support and graphics work assistance.
- Xim, for many fixes and contributions, especially in map-making and the string file.
- Thanks to Carl for providing and prompting me to introduce the Alliance and Empire theme icons.
- A salutation to John Williams, the composer who wrote all the Star Wars movies music. If you like the music you can buy the official Star Wars music CD with all the songs from all the movies.
- The many official (mainly Ralph McQuarrie) and unofficial Star Wars artists whose work features in this mod (if we used your work, let us know so we can credit you!).
- Thanks to many posters over in the official Sins->Modders forum for all your helpful posts. Stimon000 and Vunda for early suggestions. Special mention to MajorStress and Harpo for helping out on the forums and contributing valuable material to not only Requiem, but the modding community in general.
- Bug hunters and supporters Agersea, Malanthor, wbino, thrakkemarn and many more!
Current Progress Thread
For installation help click here.
For help with bugs or reporting click here.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making (and playing it) myself!