The balancing in its current state to be frank is crap and everything is broke.
I personally have no clue as how to fix any of this. IDK if any of the other guys on ICO have a clue.
Let's go through the number of problems.
- Beta 1 (beginning) - Okay they were a bit useless but at least they didn't go screwing up balancing everywhere for everything
- Beta 2 and 3 - These are blantantly screwing up with any early game.
2. Vasari Rebels - Starbase Jumping
- Okay it's a great idea but why the hell is it just a 1 time cheap research? Make it a very expensive module.
- This thing now just dominates the rush with the exception of maybe the TEC in the mid to late game if TEC brings their specific counters.
- You just rush the SB and start jumping in wells to massacre everything. I doubt you can mass enough bombers or orgovs to stop it before it's too late especially since Vasari neut grab like crazy
- And why can we jump multiple SBs in a well? So I have placeholders case one dies. No worries here if I lose one I have another on standby. Really? And it's actually bugged so you can have all of them operate.
- Ties in with the corvette problem
- Has AOE AND a tanking ability to make it a overpowered first capital ship
4. Rebels vs Loyalists
- There really isn't any point to playing a loyalists faction atm.
- Their rebel counterparts are superior in pretty much everyway.
Those are some of the bigger problems in my book. But theres a hell of a ton more. Anyone willing to state a problem please feel free to post it here. I'll probably merge them into this posts through edits or just have it as an info dump.