For all you Star Wars fans, I've finished off the latest version of a mod which adds the Alliance and Empire as new races. This is a playable versus the existing Tech/Advent/Vasari races, and balanced against them.
"Star Wars - Requiem" is a mod for Sins of a Solar Empire - Entrenchment and Diplomacy that brings the following:
2 new race; Alliance and Empire
6 new strike craft; TIE Fighters, TIE Bombers, TIE Interceptors, X-Wings, B-wings and A-wings.
11 new frigates; Nebulon B, Nebulon B2, Lancer Frigate, Tartan Patrol Craft, Carrack Gunship, Corellion Gunships, Corellion Corvettes, Siege Frigate Mk II, MC30b series, Acclamator I frigates and Galofree Transports
9 new cruisers, Interdictor, Enforcer, Escort Carrier, Loronar Strike cruiser, MC40a light carriers, Nebulon B escorts, Bulk cruisers, Assault Frigate Mk I and Dreadnaughts
9 new capital ships; Victory II-class Star Destroyer, Victory IIC-class carrier Star Destroyer, Imperator-class Star Destroyer, Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, Mon Calamari 80 and 80a, Mon Calamari Defiance and Libery class and Venator-class battlecruisers.
2 new starbase: the Alliance XQ1 platform and the Empire with an Executor Super Star Destroyer starbase model
3 new weapons; concussion missles, proton torpedos and ion cannons
60 new ship names with unique Alliance and Imperial star destroyer names
23 new music themes consisting of ambient and battle soundtracks
over dozens of new ship audio and sound effects
Star Wars player portraits
Alliance and Empire icon symbols
a modified Alliance and Imperial research tree, with unique abilities (Interdiction, Tractor Beam, Shield Focus. Boarding Party, Rebel Defenders etc,)
Star Wars EU immersion through appropriate ship use, laser color replacement for all ships and text descriptions updated
- This mod was created by JasonFJ, a Star Wars fan and avid gamer, who somehow managed to thrash out this mod despite holding down a full time job and one hell of a fine girlfriend. Appreciate my sacrifice!
- Goafan - The only other modder for Requiem, a great co-conspirator who has contributed a lot to the evolution and improvements of Requiem. Also the author of the "Requiem Plus" add-on.
- George Lucas - Full tribute belongs to George Lucas who as we all know was the originator of all thought and material that now comprises the Star Wars universe. George if you're ever in Singapore or Australia drop me an email I'd like to buy you dinner sometime. If you're a Lucasarts legal suit looking to sue me for copyright, consider how much free publicity I've given the company and franchise and consider sending me a $10,000 cheque for my time
- EvilJedi - for the significant graphics and audio effects that are the cornerstone of the mod without which I probably would never have done this mod.
- Gurkoz - for the incredible sound effects that make this mod even better.
- ManShooter - for the Volumetric Explosions mod which was included in Requiem Entrenchment to v2.8... truly a god-like graphics enhancement!
- Tohklidan -for components of Celestial Bodies mod that really inspired me to work on the celestial bodies artwork.
- Uzii -for the planet textures and inspiration that came from the awesome Sins Plus mod.
- Bailknight and Moguta - for the original and continued development of this mod which I've adapted for use with Requiem Diplomacy.
- Credits to Grundel for the icon button graphics
- Thanks to Warmaster and all his info and guidance on making this mod as true to the Star Wars Universe as possible.
- Thanks to Carl for providing and prompting me to introduce the Alliance and Empire theme icons.
- A salutation to John Williams, the composer who wrote all the Star Wars movies music. If you like the music you can buy the official Star Wars music CD with all the songs from all the movies.
- Thanks to many posters over in the official Sins->Modders forum for all your helpful posts. Stimon000 and Vunda for early suggestions. Special mention to MajorStress and Harpo for helping out on the forums and contributing valuable material to not only Requiem, but the modding community in general.
For installation help click here.
For help with bugs or reporting click here.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making (and playing it) myself!